Does this sound like a duff programmer?

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update in case anyone wants to know what happened. I replaced the programmer and also the controller in the boiler and now all is working fine. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nozzle. Can't find any fuses in the boiler itself. But following everyone's comments I've checked the motorised valves carefully and one of them is definitely shot. Looks like it's shorted due to a slow leak. The other one is fine. I guess that short could also explain the scorching in the programmer.

Good to read problem resolved
Good chance it will come back
Fuse question is valid
If no fuse, then one should be incorporates

What is more likely the cause of failure here is overload of some kind that has caused timer pcb track to fuse because the power for the boiler and ancillary equipment is supplied by a fuse rated at 13 amps, 15 amp breaker/ fuse or even 30 amp ring mains.

Concede to point oilhead is making re programmer rating, but I feel the relay within the programmer will fail due to heavy inductive load but not the track which sometimes is a wire link. The rated current capacity is for the switch which is the relay and who knows, the relay may we’ll be rated for inductive load switching

My money is this programmer failed because there was/ is a partial short circuit which may have gone clear or is dormant at the moment. Sometimes the operator ( wink wink) could have accidentally caused that, I know from experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back