1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your Microsoft Edge do this?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cjard, 23 Oct 2016.

1. cjard

cjard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I notice if I do a bing search that includes image results, if I mouse over the image then a larger version appears, and if I then mouse off it again as soon as it disappears all the text on the page looks like a watercolour painting that someone threw a glass of water over. Just wondered if it's only my Edge - I don't have another pc to test with alas..

Untitled.png

If I mouse over one of the links or select-all the text looks normal, but turns smudgy again a short time later

2. JBR

JBR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In all honesty, I can't help as I don't use Edge.

However, if it's any help, a quick and easy solution might be to use a different browser. I use Chrome, which I'd recommend.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. ninjacat

ninjacat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just tried it, and no, all works normally.

5. cjard

cjard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys. I found a solution; turns out it's some weirdness between edge and the intel graphics card. the gfx card has a setting, something akin to "do extra anti aliasing if you think the application isnt using it properly but would benefit from it" - I think it was the "adaptive anti aliasing" stuff

Turning it off has resulted in crystal clear display since..

6. Sponsored Links