dog beds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have five dogs.
they live outside and in but predominantly out.
They each have a large rubber moulded bed within a kennel and a vast run outside.
outside, they have a mini trampoline each to lie on.

The problem is, in the kennel beds.

If they get blankets or any other material bedding, they drag it outside, scrunch it up in a ball and then simulate sex with it.

Any ideas for a warm bedding material that will not/ can not not be dragged outside the kennel?????

also, easily washed and not smelly.

have considered straw but not tried it yet.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
i have five dogs.

If they get blankets or any other material bedding, they drag it outside, scrunch it up in a ball and then simulate sex with it.

Buy some bi tches for them? ;)

I have one bitch and four dogs, all of whom are 'doctored'.

it is embarrassing because she is a floosy!

sometimes they all have a go and one time did it on top of the rabbit hutch much to my utmost shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mother in law and family having coffee etc and look outside and here are the dogs having it off on the top of the hutch. in succession......

neutering the males has not stopped them having the urge to mate.

ooo, that looked rude. I typed in the word for female dog and it was asterixed.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
I have one **** and four dogs, all of whom are 'doctored'.

it is embarrassing because she is a floosy!

sometimes they all have a go and one time did it on top of the rabbit hutch much to my utmost shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mother in law and family having coffee etc and look outside and here are the dogs having it off on the top of the hutch. in succession......

neutering the males has not stopped them having the urge to mate.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Boys will be boys!

toffee said:
i have five dogs.
they live outside and in but predominantly out.
They each have a large rubber moulded bed within a kennel and a vast run outside.
outside, they have a mini trampoline each to lie on.

The problem is, in the kennel beds.

Any ideas for a warm bedding material that will not/ can not not be dragged outside the kennel?????

also, easily washed and not smelly.

have considered straw but not tried it yet.

Can i come and live with your dogs toffee i promise to wag mi tail........

this is a real asking for help post... maybe should be on general diy?
i am looking to get rid of individual beds and make a large communal sleeping space for them.

I an wondering about athletic mats... you know, those blue mats about 3 inches thick.

but will it get mouldy underneath them ?

Just wondering if the Vet has a canine version of bromide?

toffee....you didnt say what kind/size of dogs you have, so this may not be a practical solution....why not a large cushion stuffed with cedar shavings?....or the stuff you put in a hamster cage to line it with..... :?:

mlb3c said:
toffee....you didnt say what kind/size of dogs you have, so this may not be a practical solution....why not a large cushion stuffed with cedar shavings?....or the stuff you put in a hamster cage to line it with..... :?:
:LOL: remember these are randy dogs :)

There's something in the air round Toffee's house.

I cant view that link?

Its normal behaviour for dogs to do this with their bed and even the bitch.. (lady dog) drags out hers.

The dogs have a stronger smell when kept out for much of the time so washing is an important factor.

Also, we live in the country side and the walks are mainly through fields so the dogs get wet and dirty three times a day.
so cushions I would struggle with as they would get so wet.

We cant clean and dry five dogs so often so it needs to be a practical bed.

My mother had a duvet for her dog and he was religiously washed and dried at each walk but we cant do that.

Any horsy people here? I thought about the rubber type mats that you can get for stables instead of straw..

that said, if we built them a sort of pit with panelled sides, then straw may be the answer, they couldnt really drag it out.

We have gone through so many blankets and cushions etc that it is almost soul destroying.

oh, to answer, the dogs are all large boxer crosses.

Sponsored Links
Back