Dog-proofing a garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We hope to get a dog soon and need to dogproof the garden so that it can't escape onto the road.

The only place now that needs doing is below the gates.

The gates are the full width of the drive and are remote controlled but there is a gap below them of about 8 inches which I'm sure a little dog could get under!

So, how can we fill this gap?

I've seen rubber strips on warehouse doors which might do the trick, but I've no idea what they're called, so don't know what to search for on google!

thanks

Sponsored Links
You could always get a Great Dane that way there will be no going under the gates :cool:

I used chicken mesh wire on my gates, until the dog was too big to get under. Fasten it on with cable ties.

Haha - I like the idea of the Great Dane, but I don't think our sofa is big enough!

Thought about chicken wire but not sure there's a way of fixing it - the gates are solid wood, within a metal frame - you can just about see the gap underneath, that we need to fill in this pic:

[/img]

Sponsored Links
How about stapling it to the wood?

When the gates open inwards, does the gap underneath increase or decrease in size?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back