dog screws

Sponsored Links
OMG! They are awful!
How can something so horrific be made?

Screwing a dog to the wall indeed!!
I'm gonna report that webpage to the RSPCA...
roflmao... :)

I think they would work well in hard concrete / concrete blocks or hard brick, however I've only really used them so far in the breeze blocks around my house and they are not much good in a soft material. I've ended up screwing them into raw plugs in the soft blocks, which defeats the object all together.

Sponsored Links
Just read this on the data sheet "*4mm pre-drilled hole may be required in some masonry materials. Site test is recommended to determine suitability."

In other words if they they work and if they don't they dont

I'll stick to screws and rawlplugs

They do work and work well in all typical internal masonry or concrete materials.

The main use with these, is in fixing for fire safety purposes (eg overhead metal trunking or strapping) as using a traditional plastic plug can mean that the fixing fails in a fire situation and whatever is being held up falls down.

But these are still useful for a quick fixing, and also work in plasterboard.

Pre-drill hard material, but less dense blocks and some bricks don't need drilling.

Hand screw slowly into lightweight blocks, don't use a cordless!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back