kennel heating

Sponsored Links
Cripes! How big is your dog's kennel? Do you intend on setting your dog's coat on fire?!

If it's a small kennel, have you considered a two foot Thermotube (or today's equivalent - Glen)? Fitted in a suitable cage of course - the heater, not the dog.

Forgot to mention the vast difference in power consumption - 120w compared to 1300w

Cripes! How big is your dog's kennel? Do you intend on setting your dog's coat on fire?!

If it's a small kennel, have you considered a two foot Thermotube (or today's equivalent - Glen)? Fitted in a suitable cage of course - the heater, not the dog.

lol, its a huge kennel gman, it houses my rottie....he has been spoilt rotten, but circumstances changing means he has to spend a bit more time outside, have you got a link for one of them gizmos please?

Sponsored Links
Heh heh! A rottie - sorry, I was invisaging a smaller pup!!

Here is someone selling an original Thermotube - they used to be 60w per foot, don't think you can get them any more, Glenn used be available through Argoose, but not any more.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-THERM...ItemQQimsxq20091018?IMSfp=TL091018133004r2277

So that one would be 120w - only really for keeping frost at bay, although they do produce a reasonable heat - I currently use one under my towel rail & have also had a nasty burn to my posterior after falling on the tube whilst intoxicated!! :oops:

Edit: Thanks for that link 333rocky333 - still available I see, very useful!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
There usually fitted low level and do get very hot as Gman found out, so may not be very safe for a dog.

thanks for replies fellas....whatever i fit, it will be ceiling mounted and protected by a grill as well. thanks all...

That's why I wish I had one of the cage protectors lower on the page you linked rocky!!!

:LOL: :LOL:

How high is the apex of the kennel? More to the point, what is the minimum distance between the dog in a standing position & the heater?

You need to be careful, hair is quite combustable!!

Can you somehow test the heater you have in mind, together with the distance & the back of your hand?

Just thinking of the dog!!

You can buy under bed heating pads for pets. These are only ever warm so no chance of burning and are 12 or 24 volt so safe.

They provide enough warmth for when the animal is asleep and un-able to keep itself warm with exercise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back