Dog wash tiled station!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We have had a genius idea to turn our old toilet room into a dog washing station. I thought I had cracked it by finding a fibreglass caravan shower tray but the smallest is around 530mm which won't fit so hoping you might be able to offer some advice?
We have decided to build a purpose made raised tiled 'shower' area (about 45 x 80cm about 400mm off the floor). For the base would you use Wedi board over wood frame construction (and would we really still need 40mm for a 10kg dog over such a small area), or would decent thickness well supported ply be better? If we can't buy a small panel of the right thickness Wedi could I double up thinner sheets using construction glue? Or is there something better that we could use? We will have to pop a drain in it too so not sure ply would work even if thoroughly sealed, and looks like wetroom undertile boards are made of Wedi or similar tile backer board?
I might be over thinking such a tiny area but would like to do a decent job that won't crack and need maintenance or replacing 6 months later :)! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
We have had a genius idea to turn our old toilet room into a dog washing station. I thought I had cracked it by finding a fibreglass caravan shower tray but the smallest is around 530mm which won't fit so hoping you might be able to offer some advice?

In my experience, you need access all the way round a dog, rather than just one side and they do like to have a good shake after a bath - so what I have is a thermostatic mixer, on which a hose attaches, which has a spray head, for use out on the drive. In addition, we have a fold up plastic bath, made for bathing dogs. Usual process is bath her, she (border collie) then has a good shake and runs round the garden shaking the water off, before she comes in to be dried off - simple and effective.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.
Would love anyones advice for the base of the dog shower...particularly with reference to the idea of doubling up thinner Wedi Board (as can only find 40mm in massive sheets which will mean tonnes of wastage).
This is very similar to what we are making...
Screenshot_20220210-100032_Pinterest.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220210-100032_Pinterest.jpg
    Screenshot_20220210-100032_Pinterest.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 99

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back