Creating wetroom shelves with Wedi / Dukka board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an alcove in the shower area of a wetroom running floor to ceiling, about 350mm wide and want to create some shelves inside but don't know how to construct and tank them for tiling.

(In another room we have a niche cut into the stud wall which we will insert a Wedi/Dukka box into, but this room has a full height alcove)

All stud walls currently have ply over and will have Aquapanel all round.

I have some 25mm board - like Wedi (but another brand) which is very rigid and strong. Can I use it in anyway to create shelves and if so how could they be supported? Would I need to create a ladder shape with multiple shelves to slot into the alcove?

The builder suggests just having glass shelves and using strong adhesive to stick the support brackets to the tiles after tiling. I'd prefer tiled shelves to give a more seamless look but what is the opinion of this route?

Any advice welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back