wedi board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need a bit of advice on the use of wedi boards as I've never used the stuff but it looks a great product to create my wet room with, the fitting of the boards and sealing seems straight forward my issue is when it comes to fitting towel rails etc once the tiles are on. Can i just drill into this fit a raw plug as you would on plaster board walls? personal i don't think that would hold very well and it would compromise sealing, or do i have to insert wood into the wedi board where i would like to fit things so there is something to screw into which would make more sense but how do i fit things at a later date if i decided i wanted say a shelf putting up and there was no insert where i wanted to put it.

Sponsored Links
Wedi do, or you can use a suitable reinforcement board. Your cut out the precise depth of the area with a router then attach board with 610. Reinforcing tape over afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back