Domain name

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to set up a website and have a domain name hich is available and I have viewed the Go Daddy site among others but cannot establish who will actually own the domain name. From past experience I know that it is important to have total ownership as some sites register it to themselves so can anyone let me know of any good domain name registering companies that registers me as the owner of the name ? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't know how domain registration works with godaddy but with 123reg.com you buy the domain name and you own it for as long as you keep renewing it.

Thanks for the replies and no, it's not a building website. I had one before and never really found it brought in work. I am in the lucky position of not really needing to advertise as I have a few very good regular sources of building work and I am just looking into a long held desire to diversify into online retail, hence the new domain name.

Sponsored Links
I can concur that 123-reg are worth a look. We've recently switched our domain registration and site hosting to them. Tried to go to 1&1 first but after 2weeks of messing about with them and getting nowhere with the transfer we told them to forget it, went to 123-reg instead and it was all sorted, domain-based e-mails working and our website up and running within 48hours.

Most of my domains are with 123reg, and I have used for hosting in the past as well, although currently the main site I run is hosted with ukwebsolutions who have also been fine.

If the domain is avilable, you jusy buy it, few quid, for a year or two, and its then yours as long as you carry on renewing it as said. However if its not avilable for purchase, you cant just buy it, even if it doesnt have a site or holding page against it.

Daniel

Back