domestic drain problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a cul-de-sac, for some weeks now I and my neighbours have had problems with drains backing up, we have cleared them by flushing out all the manholes including the nearest manhole in the road, we thought we had solved the problem, however,Saturday one of the neighbours was still having trouble so she called in united utilities, they seem to think there is a manhole covered up in one of two gardens ( not sure which) Could someone tell me what is the best thing to do other than digging up two driveways under artillery fire from the owners.Obviously we could call someone in at great expense(which they are not too keen to do)But I was thinking more along the lines of council plans?
Mrs bucket on the end is like a dog with a bone.Help!

Sponsored Links
depends on the age of the house.....been discussed here before so have a look round the site ;) basically.....if they are pre 1937 then it`s down to the council/water co :) . after that age it`s down to the householders :cry: have a google on ...private sewers..too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back