Domestic Installer Scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone point me in the correct direction please.Received application form from NICEIC.I understand that i have to nominate two sites for assessment,one being notifiable work and the other not.I intend to use my own property for the notifiable work as in a new consumer unit and the other a friends for some minor work.
Contacted building control for the notifiable work i intend to carry out and explained why i was doing this (NICEIC application).They said they do not offer a service of checking electrical work because they are a small council (North Shropshire). Can anyone explain what i need to do to get my consumer unit fitted/tested and on my way to being registered.

Sponsored Links
I don't really think the assessors give a toss about whether you notified the work or not, they are there to see whether you are competent, so assuming you are there shouldn't be any problems.

You could ask building control if they would accept your EIC as proof of compliance with P1 as you have signed to say you have complied by BS7671, normally a quick glance down the EIC and the shedules that go with it is enough to tell if someone knows what they are doing or not!

Or you could just do as davy says and hush up the fact that its not been notified and then afterwards if you want everything in order, re-issue the EIC (this time a NICEIC one) with a new date and submit it through the self cert thing....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back