Domex - cutting your nose off ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to vent my frustration somewhere.

I have just had an engineer from Domex come and 'repair' my washing machine. To be fair to them they also fixed my cooker recently and did it without any fuss, which is why I called them back.

An engineer comes and the washing machine has actually decided to work, he takes a look anyway and finds a problem with the heating element. He changes it. £100 charge, labour and parts and VAT. He also spots there is a leak in the adjoining pipe, leading to a puddle next to the washing machine. There is minimal/no water under the machine as the machine is on a 10-15mm board which still has dust at the front.

I fix the pipe (tighten up the joint - all good).

The machine works for one day.

The machine breaks down the following day.

The engineer comes again, this time he finds a 5 inch tear in the seal, which he tells my partner is the cause of the machine failure and is entirely plausible to me. We need loads of new parts, etc, I'm resolved to buying a new machine.

My point is: Why dont Domex stand up their policy of a £35 diagnostic charge and admit the engineer made a mistake, apparently the engineer is now saying that the puddle next to the machine is the cause of the failure not the 5-inch tear in the seal. Now, I dont know a lot about washing machines but this sounds rediculous.

Basically for the sake of a £60 refund they are willing to sacrifice any customer goodwill and long term loyalty. Why put up charges on a swish websites if they are going to act like a bunch of 2-bob spivs?

I aksed to speak to the manager, I dont even get the privilege of that.

****@rs.

Sponsored Links
depending on the make of mc and model ,that would not cause a leak the door seal was split and he failed to notice it , when a heater goes it sometimes it will stick in wash mode or no fault will happen unless you notice poor wash results .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back