Problem with hotpoint wma 74

Sponsored Links
cheers rocks, consumer law is an area that I am very very familiar with. Had the young whipper snapper on the phone telling me her version of the law, I corrected her and she assured me she was correct I told her she needs to do some reading (apparently comets T&C's overide consumer law!)

Intrestingly I found the below link that also has some interesting reading regarding who underwrites and provides the extended warranties and terms. However I cannot find anything detailing exactly the full T&C's for comets fix it for me EW's. I even spoke to AIG who apparently provide the EW (according to comet) but the pdf below says landmark and they said they cannot send me the full T&C's as my warranty has expired (during the wait for the damn thing to be repaired). So far I dont want to go down the legal route but it may come to it :)

It appears that comet to not have a depreciation rule so anyone following this thread or has issues with comet do not be fobbed of with the machine/TV is now worth x. Obviously the T&C's may have changed

Good reading on EW's
http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/2003/fulltext/485c04.pdf

All I want is a working quiet machine and I dont really have time for all this but I get fed up when the consumer gets shafted and some people may not be as knowledgeable

Rocks1 was spot on numpty number 2 hadn't clipped the pipe on. So far machine has been fine so I think they finally sorted. Although last guy said he was ordering suspension and we have not heard anything back about fitting date.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back