Done everything - can't find problem

Sponsored Links
We're talking about a partial blockage in the pipework between the vent and feed connections.

I know the advice is good Gav, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing cos I need to take all the foam padding off the pipes to check it.........I've checked the pipes in the cupboard and all are good

I'd be checking boiler thermostat, all you need is a thermometer to clamp on the flow pipe.

Sponsored Links
Just been woke up with the banging again, hot water and heating were both on ......the 2 rads in the living room are cold, went to bleed them but they have water in them, the feed pipe into the tank in the cupboard next to the pump is hot, don't know if this is anything to do with overheating as all the other rads in the house are too hot to touch.....not checked the feed pipe in the loft from the header tank yet

Blr stat, you'll need a gasman to fix it, but you can check the temp with a simple thermometer, as I suggested earlier.
Turn the blr stat to its lowest setting for now, it might help.

Ha ha, it's still too early in the morning for me......I have this at 1 already ( there are 1 -6 available). ... so am I looking at changing the thermostat stat then, the engineer I had in didn't seem to think this was the issue but to be fair, all he did was turn the speed of the pump up. Do I still need to check the feed pipe in the loft

Thermometer on flow pipe near boiler, shouldnt be hotter than about 60deg on no1.
Can't believe anyone would not check this when told of your symptoms, get a repair man who is recommended by friends, neighbours etc.

This guy was recommended.... I'll need to call someone out today, would the dodgey boiler thermostat cause gurgling in the fads when they first come on tho, and also the 2 living room fads not to heat up this morning

Not directly, but every time water is discharged it has to be replaced, the fresh water will drag air in with it. Once your overheat problem is sorted your air problem is likely to be so too.
You may, however, have a seperate issue with air

I have an appointment fir Thursday but wanted to make sure it's def the thermostat that's needing fixed......heating and water have both been fine since Saturday, water started to overheat this morning so I turned it off, the heating came on 30 mins later and was ok since the heating has been on non stop since Saturday, should it not be overheating more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back