Don't Blame the Banks !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone see an interview on the news today.
A 40 year oldish mother being asked her reaction to the stabilisation of interest rates says she just would not know what to do if rates went up as she and her husband had only recently taken out a £300k plus mortgage and were really stretched as it was.

And we blame the banks :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Who lent them the money? Sounds a bit like some more sub prime mortgages are in the offing.

she and her husband had only recently taken out a £300k plus mortgage and were really stretched as it was.

Yes, we certainly have our quota of prats in this country.

Still, he announced that interest rates would not go up until unemployment dropped below 7%. With the imminent advent of half the combined population of Bulgaria and Romania, I can't see that happening.

With the imminent advent of half the combined population of Bulgaria and Romania, I can't see that happening.
Did you know that after WW2 there was a huge drive to get train drivers for the london underground since (in part) the job didn't pay enough for British indigenous peoples to live on, so they opened up a recruitment office in the West Indies?

Sponsored Links
Did you know that Enoch Powell did the same thing to put white nurses in their place after they threatened to strike and to show them that they were dispensable.

I'll blame the banks alright, people in difficult positions may be stuck between choices which all carry risk of going broke. It's the banks job to make sure they structure their loans so that when they deal with such people the bank doesn't also go broke.

Enoch, he was a seasoned tory with the 'us and them' ideology. However, he will only be remembered for telling the truth and warning of the problems to come. Nobody can deny that he was right. It's only going to get worse. A mention of West Indians being offered work here must be put in the correct context, was this import looked on as being permanent and if not what was the plan to repatriate ?. I have read and watched black and white footage of the first so-called 'race riots' and hearing the white reasoning, 'they're taking our jobs'

Enoch, he was a seasoned tory with the 'us and them' ideology'
If I may precis from "The Subterranean Railway" (Christian Wolmar, pages 297-298)..London Transport's solution...supported by the Tory Gov't in the 1950's..was to openan office in Barbados. Between 1956 and 1965, LT recruited 4000 Barbadians. The Barbadians were given an interest free loan from their gov't to pay the fare to London. It was intended originally as a short term measure, but many who came remained until at least their retirement.

Wording is all important Barbados gov , British don't you mean. 4000 jobs doesn't mean 4000 people or the offspring.

Wording is all important Barbados gov , British don't you mean. 4000 jobs doesn't mean 4000 people or the offspring.
The actual policy referred to employing people from the Commonwealth, Barbados being part of that. Funny old thing, "commonwealth", "empire" etc. These countries tend to have their own governments, which are not British.

Makes one wonder why these countries speak English so well. ;)

Dext, you have a time travel problem, continuity must be maintained . The British government controlled and paid for all overseas during and after empire ,only over time have these attained independence. Therefore the British government paid for passage here. As you have claimed those who came stayed even tho it was expected to be temporally. The writing was on the wall by the first race riots caused by white English not having jobs, yet nothing was done to repatriate the surplus ,when it could have been easy. The polices of the main parties over the years have tried in all fashions to disguise the monumental mistake that has ruined our country. They cannot admit this mistake and whilst these types run the show they'll just run the country into the ground than do something radical to remove the enemy within. It's a time bomb you know

You really need to read up on your history before coming out with such garbage. At least when I talk nonsense I'm ignoring facts that I've read up on. You just seem to make it up on imagination and innuendo.

My history is perfect. You're as bad as the denialists of the holocaust, The figures add up too many people that our country can't support

Sponsored Links
Back