dont know how to access my toilet cistern...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hope you can be of some help.

In my main bathroom i have a toilet which has a concealed cistern, built into a vanity unit, the toilet has begun to run now after a flush - continuously leaking into the bowl, my real problem is getting into the top of the cistern, i can get the upper panel off no problem - luckily to turn the water off (im on a meter), it is the bottom panel which is a problem, i cant see any way off getting it off.

Does anybody know how to get access to the cistern without ripping off the worktop or tearing the bottom panel off?

unless i'm being really dim (a good possibility) is there not any easy way to maintain repair any future problems with these concealed systems?

Thanks in advance

nin

View media item 82990

Sponsored Links
The. Top panel where the flush button is comes off
Lever it off at the joins each side
Use something wide like a scraper for a bit of leverage so as not to mark the wood

As you can turn the water off remove the whole cistern , its normally just a single connection to the toilet bowl and the water connection, then a couple of screws or its hanging on a bracket.

The panels normally hook on and can be slid upwards and out.

Sponsored Links
All work to the cistern is done from the top panel that the button is on. You need a new syphon for the toilet to stop the flow of water into toilet. All you do is put your hand on the syphon and turn anti clockwise and it will come out. Bring it to your local merchant and get similar replacement and fit in reverse order. This will cure your problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back