How to access a cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're renovating our bathroom and toilet, and in order to hide a load of unsightly pipework we're installing a "WC suspendu" (no idea of the English word!). It's basically one of those toilets where the cistern is encased behind the toilet and there's a button for the flush.

We wanted to tile behind the toilet, but I'm wondering what then happens is something goes wrong? How would we access the cistern without pulling all the tiling off? Are there any other solutions? I wondered if it might be possible to have a tiled lid on the cistern casing, where the flush button will be, that we could lift off incase of problems. Would that work?

I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who's got a toilet like this installed, or who knows what solutions there would be incase of any problems. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Concealed cisterns usually have the flush lever on the front of the enclosure but in any case your idea will work. I would tile a seperate lid for access to the cistern and once fitted 'grout' it in with white silicone. When you want it removed just cut the silicone. . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back