Dont Know How To Turn On Heating And Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a new house, and don't know how to turn the heating and water on. The setup is this house is a bit different to my old rented house. If people can let me know your thoughts on what I have to do on these different systems that would be great.

I believe the Randall dial and 'hot water' switch to be related to the old (and no longer existing) hot water tank, although could be wrong - hence why I'm here for advice. Thanks

IMG-20191208-141001.jpg

IMG-20191208-141016.jpg

IMG-20191208-141305.jpg

IMG-20191208-141059.jpg

Sponsored Links
Have you had the gas supply checked out ? The isolator looks as though its in the off position ?
Is the property rented ?
Your boiler has failed to ignite the code f 28 can be simply because there is no gas supply.
The system pressure ( water) gauge on the boiler is zero ,and needs to be topped up to 1 bar ,via the filling loop.

Have you had the gas supply checked out ? The isolator looks as though its in the off position ?
Is the property rented ?
Your boiler has failed to ignite the code f 28 can be simply because there is no gas supply.
The system pressure ( water) gauge on the boiler is zero ,and needs to be topped up to 1 bar ,via the filling loop.

Boiler was serviced a few months ago. Looks like I'll be doing a plumber call out and get him to teach me about the system and what's going on.

When did you move in ,if boiler was serviced months ago has it suddenly stopped working ?
The gas isolation valve ,next to the meter ,looks to be in the off position ?

Sponsored Links
As per @terryplumb the ECV (handle next to the gas meter) looks like it’s off, you also have a card payment meter to top up the credit for gas. You system is a combi boiler, which will work when you have gas back on. The way a combi boiler works is it heats up the hot water on demand (open a hot tap and boiler should fire up for hot water. Your heating system is either a room thermostat on its own, or separate programmer like a vaillant controller.

As already advised your gas supply is turned off and you need to pressurise your system then press reset on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back