DONT LAUGH !! THERES A SNAIL SOMEWHERE IN LIVING ROOM, HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For several months now my mum has had those tell tale signs of the silvery lines of snail all over her living room carpet. They are no where else in the house and she has yet to see the snail. She just gives them a brush and they go but when she goes to bed and gets up the next morning they are there again. All the furniture has been inspected to no avail. I told her to put salt all around her room along the skirting board edge and she has put newspaper in the middle with salt on and a saucer of beer. Can anyone suggest how to catch this beast. She has now gone on holiday and is afraid that when she comes back it may sitting on the sofa with a pipe (ha). Now thats only joking. But seriously, I dont like the sounds of it so can anyone suggest anything at all.
AND PLEASE - NO JOKES - WE'VE HEARD THEM ALL AREADY !!!!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem when i lived in a grotty ground floor flat years ago. Every morning snail trails over the carpet. I got rid of them using slug pellets. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
My mum had a slug too, I put a couple of pellets under the magazine rack so the cat couldn't get them. Two days later one dead slug under the mag rack.

Get up, about an hour after you go bed,(lights out), and there they blow!, you don't neceserily have to go to bed.

You could have a walk to the chippy, call to your ex girlfriends maybe, :LOL:

A lettuce leaf or a slice of cucumber is the humane way of getting rid of them, leave on carpet where the trails are and in the morning pick up the leaf and dump somewhere in the garden.

set the alarm clock for 2 pm and catch it out ! :LOL:
Don't leave slug pellets where pets can lick them cos they are highly toxic to animals and potentially lethal.

A lettuce leaf or a slice of cucumber is the humane way of getting rid of them, leave on carpet where the trails are and in the morning pick up the leaf and dump somewhere in the garden.

As you dump them/it in the garden, say, "see you tomorrow" cos you will :LOL:

The DIY way to get rid of snails and slugs is to sink a beer glass into the floor and fill it with beer. It works, apparently

And if it was me, I'd put the pellets where the cat can eat them but out of reach of the snail :evil:

But honestly, these things are not exactly like the massive spiders you get scooting across the floor at this time of year. They can't be that hard to trace - after all they are kind enough to leave a trail :rolleyes:

The DIY way to get rid of snails and slugs is to sink a beer glass into the floor and fill it with beer. It works, apparently

And if it was me, I'd put the pellets where the cat can eat them but out of reach of the snail :evil:

But honestly, these things are not exactly like the massive spiders you get scooting across the floor at this time of year. They can't be that hard to trace - after all they are kind enough to leave a trail :rolleyes:
So's a woman without...no we wont go there.

For several months now my mum has had those tell tale signs of the silvery lines of snail all over her living room carpet. They are no where else in the house and she has yet to see the snail. She just gives them a brush and they go but when she goes to bed and gets up the next morning they are there again. All the furniture has been inspected to no avail. I told her to put salt all around her room along the skirting board edge and she has put newspaper in the middle with salt on and a saucer of beer. Can anyone suggest how to catch this beast. She has now gone on holiday and is afraid that when she comes back it may sitting on the sofa with a pipe (ha). Now thats only joking. But seriously, I dont like the sounds of it so can anyone suggest anything at all.
AND PLEASE - NO JOKES - WE'VE HEARD THEM ALL AREADY !!!!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My guess , terraced house, facing east, no garden, stone/concrete/ paving, footpath, air brick, with NO mesh on the front?

P.S. She just gives them a brush and they go

How much has she spent on brushes ? rough dea on how many "visitors" she gets. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back