Don't you just love it ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... when someone rings up on bank holiday, they're doing some d-i-y, and they've done lots of electrics in the past and they know what they're doing, but on this occasion they put up the new light fitting and carefully copied the wiring that was there but now the kitchen light is on all the time and none of the other lights work at all ....

And despite the fact they "know what they're doing" the light fitting has all the reds in one terminal and all the blacks in another. And the lighting circuit is on a 20A breaker with 1mm cable.

PJ

Sponsored Links
Guess they didn't have a black switched live then..........big bang time!

Yeah, I have this all the time, my favourite is when they changed the 2 gang 2 way switch and just pulled all the cables out with no idea what goes back where.

CW.

Happens all the time at DNO level too, get a call to say the contractors replacing switchgear in a sub have a problem and "its funny because....we copied another sub exactly" only for us to find out they didnt even realise it was a different type of protection they were working on....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back