door activated light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know any door activated light switch that can used in my situation? Originally, the back box was planned to be next to the door frame, but due to a change of plans, we are now using a sliding door and the door will hit part of the light switch when closed. Is there a solution without changing the light switch location?" IMG_4639.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know any door activated light switch that can used in my situation? Originally, the back box was planned to be next to the door frame, but due to a change of plans, we are now using a sliding door and the door will hit part of the light switch when closed. Is there a solution without changing the light switch location?"View attachment 322255
I'm not sure exactly what goes where but to summarise:

The door will hit the switch.
Is there a way to stop the door hitting the switch without moving the switch.

Move the door would seem to be the only alternative.

Does anyone know any door activated light switch that can used in my situation? Originally, the back box was planned to be next to the door frame, but due to a change of plans, we are now using a sliding door and the door will hit part of the light switch when closed. Is there a solution without changing the light switch location?"View attachment 322255
Don't have a light switch there at all?
Use a Quinetic switch (and a receiver), mounted in a far more appropriate location?

If the door's going where the hatched section is move the switch to the left so the current cables enter the top right corner of the box instead of the top left currently, it's only a small amount of chopping out and filling back in

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks for the reply, moving switch is certainly an option but I wonder if a push to break light switch like this one can be fitted inside a architrave back box?

The space is a 1.3 x 2.2m storage room and although the light switch is only 2amp, there should be more than enough wattage (240v x 2amp = 480watt) for the lighting needed?

Hi Thanks for the reply, moving switch is certainly an option but I wonder if a push to break light switch like this one can be fitted inside a architrave back box?

You could try it...

Buy a single blanking plate (like a normal switch, but just a plain square with two fixing screw holes), the drill it to fit the above switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back