Outside Lighting: Possible to have PIR + Timer + Switch

Sponsored Links
I have moved away from the PIR, I found they would not turn on when wanted, or turn off at most inopportune moment. However the replacements are so varied hard to work out what to get.

I have a Wiz bulb which has the option to fade in and out over a set time, great as I have set for around a minute on switching off, so not plunged into darkness, one has some warning, but that bulb does not have the dust till dawn that the TCP ones have, thought that was an antiseptic! but seems a make of bulb. But the advert for the bulbs don't say what they do, seems some functions are down to app not bulb, so look on Screwfix or any other web site to select the bulb is hard.

The LED uses that little power the cost of setting up PIR's is hardly worth it, but also looking at light pollution, and I know the two globes a neighbour uses on their gate posts shines into my bedroom in winter, summer trees stop it.

But the big problem is what works with what, this video
shows one which works with just one make of smart switch, I would really want what which will work with some thing like smartlife, so I can pair it to bulbs rather than switches, but the remote control I got with some smart bulbs from Lidi, I found would work with any zigbee bulb, but not a zigbee relay, and it seems a mine field to work out what works what.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back