Door binding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just fitted a upvc back door (3 hinge) which is binding slightly (it seems to have to go further than it should to close), when it closes the hinges are pulling on the frame, there are three adjusting allen keys on the hinges but not quite sure if adjusting these would solve the problem, the door does seem to be square with the bricks and blocks.

Regards

Mike

Sponsored Links
depends on the type of hinges,some adjust better than others.there should be adjustment that allows the back of the door to sit off the face of the frame if that makes sense,its usually on the top of the hinge on the frame side and is a concentric adjuster via allen key.if your unsure then try one adjustment at a time to see what,if any,effect it has.
its possable that the frame isnt sat square to the wall on the hinge side,this could be what has cause the problem?

Its square as far as i can see, i have not tried adjusting yet but will have a play and see what happens, thanks.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back