Door contact tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help on this, I've installed the HSA6400 but am having issues with the door contact on the front door ( only contact I've installed).

I keep on getting a Door contact tamper message on the control panel, just wondering if it's to do with the way the contact is fitted, I'm attaching photos.

Thks

Attachments

• IMG_6684.JPG
    IMG_6684.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6683.JPG
    IMG_6683.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Is the lid on properly? It doesn't look tight to me.

Compare the spring, which sticks out of the back and presses against the doorframe, with the other door sensor.

rutar, good evening.

A couple of things?

1/. In the digital images posted,the unit fixed to the frame appears not to be fixed flush to the frame, it appears to be slightly raised at one end?

2/. As a general question? does the door "Move" when there is a wind or gale blowing? can you move the door when close, that is if you hold the handle and move the door in and out can you detect a movement of the door?

Just some thoughts?

Thanks for your responses John and Ken.

Yes the lid doesn't seem to be on properly. I've given it another go ( and in the process slightly damaged the door). However seems to be on tighter. Pic attached.

And yes, when I move the handle I can sense the door moving.

I no longer receive the issue and hopefully will remain like this. Anything else you think I should be doing?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
If it will fit, IMO it is better to have the magnet on the door and the sensor on the frame. Then it is less prone to vibration when the door slams.

You can fit it on the head of the doorframe if you like, less visible, and less likely to be accidentally knocked as you go through the doorway.

If the frame/architrave is not flat, you can build up a bed under the sensor with a semi-flexible filler, and screw through it, so that the magnet is against the side of the sensor.

It is preferable to drill small pilot holes for the screws, to avoid the wood splitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back