Door entry system handsets

the end users will no doubt be under the impression they will get a new door entry system, if you can and do only change the calling part, they will blame you when they cant hear too well. but they couldnt hear too well before you changed it.

but if you change the whole lot there is no argument.

This may be a time to put your hand up and say, sorry this job is not for me, and pass it to an alarm company

Sponsored Links
All advice taken on board. However I dont think I'll ghost the job, if the current handets don't like the new entry panel, I'll change them for same brand handsets.

I suggest you take advice from the panel manufacturer - tell them replacing the handsets isn't an option so you're looking for a compatible panel - see how dubious they sound.

I also suggest you be open with the residents, tell them that you plan to try and minimise their costs by not replacing the handsets, but you might have to if they can't hear properly.

Sponsored Links
change everything and have done with it.
If you dont some one will blame the bit of kit you did not change

Since you need access to test each unit works on the right button and need to listen to the quality of the voice to and from the handset / panel I'd go for a full new system with handsets.

There's no point in putting a new engine in a f*cked car chassis, same applies with what your doing.

Cost? Plan jane handsets are about £20 each, add half an hour labour to replace each one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back