Door entry handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On one of the office doors at work, they have a door entry unit I think its a Fermax main box outside, they dont want to use the speaking bit and all they want is to unlock the lock when the buzzer goes,
There are 2 handsets both appear to have 5 terminals each, 1 has terminals numbered 1 to 5 the other i recall had a combination of numbers and letters.

Handset 1 has 5 wires connected and the button on it releases lock.

Handset 2 has 3 wires connected and releases lock when handset lifted and button not pressed.

I know this is not normal but all i want is to work out how to use just the release button on each handset, nothing else.

Therefore is there a standard internal schematic drawing for a handset, Im sure it can't be that complicated, but all i can find on line seems to be.

Sponsored Links
Take out the pcb on the first working handset , trace the tracks on the back of the pcb for the door release button for example green and white ( one may be a common ) this will be the pair needed to short to open the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back