Door Frame Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building a stud wall with a door in it and need to buy a door frame kit. These appear to be available in 106mm, 108mm or 130mm width. I am using 89mm timber and 12mm plasterboard each side which I make a total of 113mm.

Other than planing down a 130mm width frame, I cant seem to find a solution.

Any Ideas

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to leave 2-3mm for plaster and what studding timber is perfectly straight allow for that too

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to leave 2-3mm for plaster and what studding timber is perfectly straight allow for that too

Yes I did think that. I wont be plastering, just tape and fill. Even with the fact its not being plastered, I still couldn`t make the figures work.

My sums are 89 + 12 + 12 = 113mm or 119mm if both sides skimmed. That is still a gap between plasterboard and architrave of 8mm each side if unplastered or 5mm each side if plastered.

Perhaps I`m being too picky but I`m an engineer and an 8mm gap seems huge.

Cheers

Steve

order it from your wood yard and they will match the lining to the wood
you can also ask for your architrave full set 2 walls 1/2 set one face with no waste or joins
they will also do skirting in full room lengths up to around 5.1m

order it from your wood yard and they will match the lining to the wood
you can also ask for your architrave full set 2 walls 1/2 set one face with no waste or joins
they will also do skirting in full room lengths up to around 5.1m

Thanks, I think thats the way I`ll go.

Cheers

Steve

Carpentry is not an exact science ,if it doesn't fit make it fit sometimes you have to plane things down a bit, but don't try to work to engineering standards or it will all go pear shaped ,you can always have a bit of slack behind the architraves it will help take the slack up in the bent wall timbers

Carpentry is not an exact science ,if it doesn't fit make it fit sometimes you have to plane things down a bit, but don't try to work to engineering standards or it will all go pear shaped ,you can always have a bit of slack behind the architraves it will help take the slack up in the bent wall timbers

Good point. I`ll give it a go and be back here if I get any more problems.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Regards

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back