Is my door lining wide enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Ive just constructed a few stud walls using 90mm timber with 12.5 plasterboard on each side.. To save money (by not getting a joiner in) I bought door lining kits from Wickes which are appoximately 106mm wide... in a nutshell once Ive put everything together the plaster board overhangs the door lining by about 5mm on each side.. taking into account the skim will this matter when I come to attach the architrave? or am i just panicking unecessarily?

Sponsored Links
90+12.7+12.7+ 2mm+2mm=120
the plaster sits flush with the frame you plaster up to the frame you do not cover the frame

wrong frame wont work you can try removing 6mm from the back off architrave but only iff you good at using a router

I'm having a similar problem - well not quite yet but I've been putting a shopping list together and can't find door lining kits in the right size.

I've got 100mm timber for the walls. I've not ordered plasterboard yet so it could be 9.5mm or 12.5mm.

The bit in question is only a small section between two internal rooms so I was tempted to use 9.5mm plasterboard.

This means the I will have 100mm + 10mm + 10mm or there abouts, so 120mm but I can only find 106mm or 131mm door lining kits.

Do they do 120mm kits? I was tempted to just find some 120mm x 25mm timber and make my own but this thread made me think they must make them that size??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back