door frame plane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't sure if to post this in the carpentry section..

I've plasterboard a wall, but one side of the door frame is flush with the plasterboard.. the over side the door frame sticks out..

I guess a pro plasterer could skim to suit but I prefer it all to be flush as I'm an amateur and little things like that will trip me up.

It is an ok option to plane the frame down so it's all flush to the plasterboard, and then use strips to pack it back out, so I have something to skim up to and it will all be pretty even?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if your having a spread in,then why dont you even the lining to both sides and let them finish it flush to the lining?
why create loads of work for your self?

if your having a spread in,then why dont you even the lining to both sides and let them finish it flush to the lining?
why create loads of work for your self?

You mean skim over so the wall and frame is the same level? Won't it crack the plaster when I attach the architrave though?

Sponsored Links
you should try and make the gap even so there is a few mm either side of the frame so it can be plastered.the architrave will cover the part where the frame meets the plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back