Door Latch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if there is a name for these? I know they are part of the door latch but it’s an odd size. 10 cm in length. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 0F8019F0-DD17-4A84-9F11-3ECF451C6376.jpeg
    0F8019F0-DD17-4A84-9F11-3ECF451C6376.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
I think they are generally referred to as strike plates. The lock may have a brand name on it which will help you find a replacement.

I am guessing that you want to replace the existing one because it is covered in paint... if you sand it back, you might see a name. That said some one went the trouble of using a dragged paint finish over the top of it.

You might be ale to use meths to remove the (the added) paint finish- IF it was waterbased paint used initially. If the earlier coats were oil based then you can sand the whole lot back, polish it up and spray it with laquer, (cellulose thinners might remove the pint) but yeah, it is probably easier to find out who made the lock. if you look at the metal plate on the door side, it may help.

Sorry, was replying whilst @JobAndKnock answered.

Sponsored Links
you can fit a replacement. a bigger one will work if you can't find an exact match. do you actually use the lock part?

some photos of the lock and key will help identify it.

the makers name will usually be stamped on the fore-end of the lock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back