Door multi point locking system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem locking this door.The multi point latches appear to be working ok but when I come to lock it the key turns half way and then meets resistance. The handle has to be turned up as hard as possible and the key will then complete its turn with difficulty. The same happens when unlocking. This problem also occurs if I attempt to lock it when the door is open so it cant be caused by the keeps not being in alignment.
Ive also tried a different eurocylinder and there is no improvement.
Help please.

Sponsored Links
Your door has dropped, open the door and see if you can lift it off the hinges. You will need to 'raise' the hinges.

I know as this happened to my door.
I removed the door and placed 2/3 fibre washer onto the hinge and replaced the pin which made the door sit higher and lock as it should.

Andy

Not necessarily, mark off the locking bolts, lugs and see where they meet with the retainers/keeps.
There may be adjustment there or on the hinge`s.
Lifting the door and packing out may well make matters worse and is a last resort.

What is the door made of uPVC or wood?

Sponsored Links
Sorry missed that.
Was put off by the "remove door" post.

OP remove the cylinder and turn it around and test.
If that works ( I know one side you may not be able to use the key this is a test) you need a new cylinder, if not the lock is worn and needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back