Door Threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right , some of you very knowledgable folks may be able to help me here.
Got a customer who has drafts under their doors, now i'm pretty sure there should there should be a rubber gasket in the metal strip in the attached picture.
Am I right?

The only thing is I don't know who made the door and where to get the rubber strip from

Attachments

• 20151126_162506_resized.jpg
    20151126_162506_resized.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 170
Sponsored Links
That looks like an old one, Good luck!

You may want to post a pic of the whole door inside and out encase anyone recognizes the make.
The external rubbers on the outside of the bottom of the doors should seal it to some degree but obviously this stops short of the central mullion.

Normally (in modern doors) there would be a secondary rubber flipper fitted to the underside of the doors, Can you see underneath to check if it ever had one and its worn away?

With Liniar you have one of these screwed to the bottom of the door, Maybe you could retrofit something similar.
IMG_0376_zpspliqyq1f.jpg

Hi Gazman,

Yes there is a gasket under the door ( which is also perishing ) , but this seems to fall within the gap in the threshold strip, can't beleive there isn't another rubber to go in that threshold strip....
The windows are at least 20 years old , as they have that horrible black gasket that ' runs ' in water ( got to replace all that too....)

The picture you have for Liniar thresholds is very similiar to Profile 22's , except that rubber keeps ' ripping ' apart too.

Do you think that a rubber strip is missing in my original picture?

Sponsored Links
Looks like rehau to me, if it is then they have an Ali threshold that looks identical or very similar at least but doesn't show it comes with a rubber, Google search 'rehau 233214/001' , first result and scroll down a few pages to the thresholds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back