Door Thresholds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having PVC double glazing fitted at mo. The windows are brill! The back door brill! But the french doors leading to a conservatory has an additional sill (which I didn't ask for - but it covers a cavity where a wall was removed) and a high 4" threshold when I asked for a low threshold (the back door is perfect 2" and I wanted the french doors the same). My concern now is for the front door which will be fitted soon - this is an internal door (there is a porch on the external walls) and I asked for a low gold mobility threshold - expecting just a gold strip across the join between porch and hall, but now been informed there will be a white sill like the french doors. Can any one advise as to whether a pvc sill is necessary. Many thanks. K

Sponsored Links
No it isn't necessary you're the customer,its easier and cheaper for them to give you a bog standard frame.Insist on what you want is what you get .Tell them the french doors are not what was ageed and you want them replaced or a discount.Dont let them fit anything else until its resolved.There's plenty of companies out there that will give you what you want

Thanks for your reply Stephen. I will be contacting the company and as you advised will stand my ground to get what I ordered! I will let you know the outcome in due course. K :rolleyes:

Yep - low thresholds are a pain to make! :LOL:

They also allow for more draft problems, so you may want to watch out for that, too? ;)
And check the fittings of the F/Ds - ensure the doors secure properly.
Low thresholds are annoyingly simple to 'jimmy'. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just updating you on the low thresholds. I have insisted on what I ordered from the double glazing company and they are now listening!!! I'm much happier now as I am getting what I requested! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back