Doorbell that can't be stolen?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any type of door bell push that can't be stolen? Would it have to be wired? We have wireless at the moment and local kids keep stealing them! They have stolen neighbours wired ones too though so not sure if that is the answer. Also, do I have to keep buying the same brand door push as the battery powered chimes/receivers I already have or will any brand work?

Sponsored Links
Lol.

With wireless ones I would have thought it would be ammusing to swap them with next doors lol.

But a bit difficult to restick.

Have you tried screwing them on ?

The ones I have had up until now, have had a screw on holder, and then the bell push slides into the holder (so it is accessible to change the battery)

Sponsored Links
Technistore arnie grade 3 button .... This has a tamper switch and security screws as standard....

Don't knock the door bell :(

But on a serious note instead of ordinary wood screws use tamper proof screws or plain headed bolts through the door.

Oh yes I remember it now tie two doors together with town house ring both bells and watch the first ones door being ripped out of their hand as second one answers. And I was a good kid my mother tells me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back