1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Doorframe to arch

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by alex1987, 13 Feb 2019 at 11:07 PM.

1. alex1987

alex1987

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi

We have taken out the doorframe between our lounge and living room and are converting this into an arch to tidy it up. In photos you’ll see this has been stripped back to the blocks. My cousin is a plasterer and is going to plaster this for us but I need to source the arch corner kits.

Problem is I am not sure what size I need. Have found some on the wickes website eg https://www.wickes.co.uk/Expamet-EA...rEDn9fZVjE6OgFd1PaUaAmFPEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

which say for wall widths up to 230mm. Our wall is 150mm and i don’t understand how this size can be variable? Surely the arch corner fits or it doesn’t? Can someone please advise as to what size I would need to buy My cousin is then doing the job for us.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I believe it means "maximum" 230mm: the use of "up to" is therefore misleading, as the "expansion" of the metal takes place in the manufacturing process.

But I am not a plasterer.

Blup

3. Ker-plunk

Ker-plunk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The formers are not a fixed width and can adjust in to approx 100mm minimum (the mesh overlaps) and out to a max of 230mm.

• Thanks Thanks x 1