Doors/Fire Regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am near to completion of the loft conversion, we are having sprinklers installed and wired in smoke alarms. As a prerequiste for sign off we have to have 5 30minute fire doors installed, this is fine and I am able to organise this but I am keen to know about door frames – is this something we need to change ? I live in a mid terrace which is Victorian, the door frames are timber and fit our original doors.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
It should be firedoor sets (ie door and lining) not just fire doors - which are no good without a suitable fire resisting lining.

If you can't tell if the linings are suitable, get advice or ask the building inspector

Sponsored Links
Our building control officer has insisted on a sprinkler system and also wired in smoke alarms, these have come to the value of £2300. Something that perhaps people need to be aware of when going through a conversion upstairs.

Our building control officer has insisted on a sprinkler system and also wired in smoke alarms, these have come to the value of £2300. Something that perhaps people need to be aware of when going through a conversion upstairs.
Amen. Whenever I hear some of the figures people spend on loft conversions and extensions I secretly think to myself: just buy a bigger house! :whistle:

But your existing ground floor layout was open plan right?

It is a mid terrace, front room, living room and kitchen which is at the back on the ground floor. 2nd floor is 2 bedrooms and a back bathroom above the kitchen. The loft conversion is above the house bar the kitchen/bathroom.

Are you in Wales? Otherwise can't see why you are required to have sprinklers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back