Doors wont close since i broke into new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gang,

don't know if this is usual but i recently opened up the walls to create the new door ways into the new extension, since doing that a few doors in the original house seem to have swollen.

I have recently plastered the new build and can only think the doors have absorbed a little moisture created by the drying plaster.

Does this sound feasible ? Or is the house about to collapse :D

I assume some of you PRO builders would have come across this ?

Cheers in advance

Mick

Sponsored Links
doors are just like sponges mick. its perfectly normal for the doors to have swelling, considering the environment they are in.

Cheers Noseall...

I was going to re plane them but i think i will wait a week and see if they calm down before i attack them and end up with a 1/4 inch gap :)

Sponsored Links
As mention best to leave them for a while until when the room is carpet with furniture etc then just shaved off little at a time.

noseall said:
doors are just like sponges

I tried one in the bath last night and now I have a sore **** and its all your fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back