Dormer Bathroom Ventillation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install ventilation in a bathroom in a dormer bungalow (purpose built, not loft conversion). The shape of the roof limits my options and I'm hoping for recommendations on the best way top do it. My options seem to be:

1. Run a duct down the inside of the roof to exit at ground floor soffit. Access to the loft is good, but the space is packed with insulation which makes the job tricky. Any tips? Is running a long length of duct (est. 3m) a significant issue?

2. Put an outlet through the roof. This means disrupting the tiles and to be honest I don't fancy the impact on the aesthetics of the roof. Any comments?

3. Vent into some sort of condenser system a la tumble drier and discharge the water into a convenient waste pipe. Do such systems exist?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You get vent tiles for just this occasion these days that can be fairly unobtrusive, google it and turn on images and youcan search until you see your tile/slate...pinetree :)

Yes you can put it through the soffit!

3m flexi pipe wrapped in insulation wont be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back