Dormer tile - fallen off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Got woken up last night by a crash. Discovered this morning, a tile had fallen from the side of the dormer. No idea how or why. You can see the nails came out with it and everything.

Any suggestions about how to repair / fill the gap without having to remove the fascia?

photo_2022-09-27_17-49-41.jpg

photo_2022-09-27_17-49-38.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would think you would have to remove the facia to see what you are going to fix new one to. May be tile batten under neath has split. I think you might also need better fixings than the old one had, it looks as though it will be really exposed to wind in that particular position.

Looks like it was fixed at one hole. The excessive load resulted in that hole failing.

more likely the tile was wacked while nailing , or the fascia fixings might have made contact.
Its either fascia off, or a good dose of CT1 and a neat tingle.

Sponsored Links
data, I get that you're a time served roofer, multiskilled in what you do, evidently a bit arrogant but why do you post these cryptic messages? It's not the first time you've posted such messages, how does your post help the OP? CT1 is obviously adhesive, WTF is a neat tingle?

Tingle- bit of copper strip, used to fix slates (didn't know they worked with tiles as well) when you can't get to the fixing holes (cos slates or tiles in the way).
Not sure I'd trust them on a vertical but add good glue & prob be ok.
No visible batten there so have to bend the top ends into Us and drop them on the tile behind.

Nah, your posts are often a bit useless, why bother posting if your posts don't make any sense?

Last edited:
Lol there's maybe 4 people that post correct solutions on this forum , the others are jobbers or Google warriors..

If you don't understand then ask .
If I've posted then my post will be correct . That's confidence not arrogance

more likely the tile was wacked while nailing , or the fascia fixings might have made contact.
Its either fascia off, or a good dose of CT1 and a neat tingle.
It looks to me like it has had tiles replaced 4 courses down from the latest one so not the first time they have had problems. Cannot see any "tingle" so presume they are somehow just stuck in place. Also looks like non matching tiles have been used & left a ready made home for wild bees to nest in. Hope the next guy or gal does a better job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back