Dot and dab - doorframes

RDM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have removed the old plaster and taken it back to brick in my living room. The problem I have is I was going to dot and dab the walls which will bring the level of the wall well beyond that of the current door frame

Do I need to replace the door frame, if so ,do I do that prior to or after the plastering?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The door casings will need to be addressed prior to any plastering.

You can either buy new off-the-shelf casings at 146mm wide (for d&d 100mm wide masonry walls), or add some glued and pinned knock-on's to the existing casing provided it is not the rebated side as this can look rather odd.

Sponsored Links
provided it is not the rebated side as this can look rather odd.

Actually i remedied this today! If you fix the knock-on so that is it positioned the same as the architrave set-back, i.e. 5mm in from the edge, then it just looks like a thickened archie' and looks better than an over-sized rebate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back