Dot and Dab / Getting it right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I really need some advice here please. I have a small upstairs bedroom 3m x 2m. The plasterwork needs attention and I have stripped some walls back to brick. The walls are 9 inch none cavity. However, there is an external windowed wall which I have stripped back to brick. I would like to now if I can dot and dab this wall. I have heard all sorts of negative stories e,g cold spots etc. A few things to note there is no penetrative damp from outside. The wall it self already had dot and dab plaster board at the bottom to create a straight base for the skirting which I took off and I could not see any cold spots stains on the board. I intend to use the bedroom as a office and don't want to batten and board - Dry Line as space is a premium. Any advice would be appreciated. I have heard all sorts of rumor's about dot and dab and checked with the surveyor as I recently bought the house. He said it should be ok. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back