dot and dab using bonding plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fixed plaster boards to a bathroom wall using dot and dab technique. I PVA'd the wall first, then dabbed on bonding plaster, then put the boards on. I'm just beginning to realise I should have used a dry wall adhesive instead of bonding plaster. Can anyone forsee any problems with my technique and if so do I need to redo the wall for peace of mind?

Sponsored Links
i have used thistle bonding to fix a small area of plasterboard. i couldn't pull it off the next day anhyhow!

bonding is designed for low suction backgrounds, so i shouldn't panic.

thanks for that. I've been thinking about it all week and I've decided I can't live with a wall I'm not sure will stay on. therefore it's coming off tomorrow and i'm going to redo it with the proper stuff this time. watch this space.

thanks for that. I've been thinking about it all week and I've decided I can't live with a wall I'm not sure will stay on. therefore it's coming off tomorrow and i'm going to redo it with the proper stuff this time. watch this space.

Cut some holes and fill with drywall adhesive ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I need professional advice, I have recently purchased a terraced house property and I’ve stripped the whole house down to bare bricks, I’ve taken all the bonding and plastering off with a chisel and hammer. I wanted to know shall I get the whole house bonded and plastered again or shall I get it all Dot & Dab. my friend was recently in the same position as me he stripped his whole house to bare bricks but his plasterer has Dot & Dap the whole house, I’m not sure if Dot & Dap is a cheaper option or is it good for long term. Can someone please give me advice and answer below questions.

Which is better Dot & Dab or bonding & plastering ?

Which works out cheaper Dot & Dab or bonding & plastering ?

Is Dot & Dab good for insulation?

Is Bonding and plastering got for insulation?

Dot & Dab

What are the benefits of Dot & Dab

What are the disadvantages of Dot & Dab

Bonding & Plastering

What are the advantages of bonding & Plastering

What are the disadvantages of bonding & Plastering

My Final Question

Your professional advice what would you recommend? and why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back