Dot and dab!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of tiling a bathroom with 317mm x 445mm tiles. I have to take the existing tiles off and have been advised to fit new plasterboard using 'dot and dab'. Can somebody explain what this method is and is it easy to do?

Thanks,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Hi Gary,

Dot and dab is one of the methods for attaching plasterboard to a wall. You mix up the adhesive and dab, dots of adhesive in a vertical line. You then attach your plasterboard to this and then try and get it plumb. Other methods are wood or metal stud.

I am currently doing the bathroom. I am making a timber frame stud work and the attaching aquaboard (to which i will tile), which is a concrete waterproof type of board. I have heard that plasterboard will rot when wet and is not so good for humid conditions. Aquaboard is about 3 times as expensive as plasterboard though. I am only using it where i expect alot of water from the shower.

I am not an expert, but i am sure one of the regulars maybe able to give some more advice.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back