Dotting & dabbing onto old brick, pva?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yesterday i knocked old plaster off a brick wall and tonight am going to be dotting and dabbing it, my dad swears by a coat of diluted PVA, that has been left to dry for a short while before slapping on the adhesive, is this correct? or totally unnecessary?

Ryan.

Sponsored Links
No need to PVA just wet the wall. PVA will be your weakest link. Not the job I would use it on.

Sponsored Links
No need to PVA just wet the wall. PVA will be your weakest link. Not the job I would use it on.

Ok, then what situations call for the wall to be sealed with pva first?

It depends who you are and who trained you to be honest. It's over used in the wrong situations.

Most common method is to glue (PVA) before over skim. People also use it to seal internal float work but for the life in me I don't know why.

Ok, then what situations call for the wall to be sealed with pva first?

It depends who you are and who trained you to be honest. It's over used in the wrong situations.

Most common method is to glue (PVA) before over skim. People also use it to seal internal float work but for the life in me I don't know why.

Whilst typing my response just then, i basically answered my own question, thanks everyone for your responses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back