Double glazed windows very cold to touch on the inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,I think i may have a problem.

Moved into our current house 2 years ago, and it is quite a cold house generally.

The windows are reasonably new (within the last 5 years) and do not seem to be kitemarked and marked by the manufacturer - the only mark is on the handles - Roto, but an internet search suggest they only make ironmongery. This to me suggests the windows are on the cheap side.

Anyway my question is simply this - in cold weather the glass on the inside of the window (i.e. in the room) is very cold to the touch and I wonder is this normal? Should the double glazing and gap not prevent thermal transfer to the inside pane?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if the house is already cold inside they are not going to warm up, but they didnt really mark the windows to show where they are from apart from if you open a door or window and look on the inside of the profile there may be a faint print that contains the profile name, the glass will only have a kitemark on toughened units. post a pic and someone may recognise it

heeellloooo and welcome SonnyJ99 :D :D
is this a well heated well ventilated room with no clothes dried on radiators within the house??
sorry just realized cold and not condensation

insulation will slow down the transference off heat it will not stop it
so a window will be cold in comparison to the inside off the room if the heat loss is greater than the heat gained

try touching other glass in the room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back