Double Glazing Company or Buy Direct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help me decide what to do.

I'm looking at keeping costs down. I need to replace some windows and two doors (front and back doors).

Total of 6 windows, but one is a bay with 6 panels. Others are regular windows. I've been quoted Grade A PVC, Pilkington Glass. And all non opening windows to be easy on the eye and made to look like they open. Best price is cash £4K - and that includes paying the window fitters direct at £700. Basically £3,300 for the DG. Property is a bungalow.

Am I likely to save much money if I buy the DG direct from manufacturers and get someone to fit? I have got a couple of guys who are proper window fitters.

Sponsored Links
Get a price for supply only and get your mates to price to fit them. Make sure once you have finished your mates can give you a fensa ticket or you notify bc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back