Double glazing glass defects

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had some new double glazing installed and had some issues with scratches. While checking over the other windows I found some marks like the picture attached on three of the windows. Are these marks acceptable or should I ask for replacements?

Thanks,

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I think that's where I am too. My wife thinks I'm mental, but I can't stop looking at the damn problem.

No change them, whoever fitted them will get them free from the glass supplier anyway if they are faulty.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I'd already seen the GGF guidelines. I'm just not sure whether these marks count as obstrusive. Now I know they're there, I can still see them if I stand 2m away. We're getting the small window with these marks on replaced as there's several of them, so I think you'd say they're bunched.

As the GGF guidelines say you need to look through the glass and not at it otherwise you will always look towards the mark, i bet if you asked a stranger to look through the glass they wouldn't see it, that said if i'd of fitted them i'd probably replace them out of goodwill and hope that MY supplier doesn't quote GGF guidelines to me in which case i'd be out of pocket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back