Double Glazing - Question On Reducing Window Size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

On Tuesday i am having a firm fit out my flat with double glazing.
In the bathroom they have agreed to make the window smaller by bricking up one side, where i intend to fix a quite heavy shower screen to the wall.

I have neatly removed a row of tile around the window ready.
Window space is 1.1m x .6m

My question is: the left hand side of the flat window shelf does not sound solid when tapped (the other side does). As this is where they will be reducing the window by about 15cm, and putting the bricks, what should i expect them to do to make the new brick work solid?

Should they be tying in the new brick work to the wall with brick ties as they go up, or putting some sort of under support on the window shelf?

I'd be greatful for some advice so i can just check that the job gets done properly and so the new brick work is ok to support the glass shower screen.

Thanks for any help.

Pete
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
i would imagine they will box it out with 4x2 seein as you only reducing by 6", they'll brick the outside though. I shouldnt worry about the studwork not being strong enough, it'll be plenty for the screws to bite into

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back