Double glazed door to single brick garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a double glazed door into the side of my garage which is single brick, and it will be fitted approx in the middle where a window is at present, just by taking out the window and cutting the wall will this not affect the integrity off the Wall ?? can anyone help please. :rolleyes:
DaveW

Sponsored Links
Replacing a window with a door shouldn't make any difference but it depends on how wide the window is that's coming out as you may need a longer lintel.

Sponsored Links
Ah well, I don't know the Law, but a Planning Officer told me she wanted to see planning applications for new external doors and decking. I agree, it seems at odd with the permitted development so you can build an entire outbuilding without planning permission. What do I know?

I want to fit a double glazed door into the side of my garage which is single brick, and it will be fitted approx in the middle where a window is at present, just by taking out the window and cutting the wall will this not affect the integrity off the Wall ?? can anyone help please. :rolleyes:
DaveW

And after checking the lintel is sufficient i would build a couple of piers either side of your new door.

If I build the Piers, once checking the Lintel is sufficient, is it acceptable to use Screw ties to anchor them to the existing wall or would I need to be useing a different method. :mrgreen:
P.S
Just for information purposes regarding another post reply re PP According to Anglesey Council it is not needed for this type of project I am attempting unless as our friend mention the the property is Grade 2 listed etc etc thanks again for previous replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back